Friday, April 9, 2010

CHERISH THE MOMENT WHILE YOU CAN

For me... looking back on memories that are so precious, tears begin to fall. You know the kind where, they're not sad or regretful but, so precious to me. I'm wiping tears as I type.
Today, my mom and I went to the mall. We brought my wheelchair for two reasons. #1 being that, it takes such less time getting from one end of the mall to the other end, Duh...... #2 being that, now it helps mom so much to be able to lean and walk. She admits now that she could not walk this far alone. We even had to stop from time to time so that she could sit.
My accident was when I was 21 years old & she was 45. This month I'll be 53 and she just turned 75. She has been my rock for 32 years.
When we were in the parking lot, preparing to leave, I got into the car and she lifted the chair into the back. Tears began to fall from my eyes as I thought of how much she's done for me over the years. She turned her life around and I was such a bitter person because of my injury, I put her through hell. Did she leave? No way.
The tearful feeling was that, I can remember her 30 years ago, lifting my wheelchair into the car, but me thinking that she had to, that it was her responsibility. I can't believe how much I took for granted or what I thought was owed to me. I am so fortunate to have her for my mom, I love her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment