Saturday, March 27, 2010

BE THANKFUL FOR THE SMALL THINGS



About an hour ago as I was downstairs in the garage preparing to go to the store, I pulled a jacket out of my car to put on.
Since my accident in 1978, my left side hasn't worked at a normal rate so, I was having so much difficulty putting it on. I could've become very frustrated, but what came to me is that there are people w/no arms and they cannot even attempt to do this. I am so thankful that I can even try... I drove across the street and asked my neighbor to help. Heeeeeeeee ♥
Last week at Physical Therapy I was told how well I've done, considering the severity of my accident, on 12/06/1978. I was comatose until 1/1979. 5 weeks, not a year. Gotcha, huh? OK,
another Heeeee ♥
My Physical Therapist said, "You just keep going. We're gonna call you the ENERGIZER BUNNY."
Thank You Lord for all that You've done for me. I'm in awe when I begin to realize the magnitude.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes we really need to stop as you did and realize that obsticles we have to over come would be a blessing to some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well put, my friend. We all need to take on the mindset of what we CAN do & not dwell on what we can't.
    After my accident, I really had to focus on my abilities because, until I was able to function as an independent person, once again, there was so much evidence to deter me from that goal.
    You know, The Artful Hawaii girl is my sister. I'm so glad that you joined her beautiful blog. Enjoy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very glad you shared this post. Sometimes when we meet obsticles in life, we simply overcome and go on. Sharing them and what we did, however, can be a great source of encouragement for others. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete