
While watching Dancing With The Stars tonight, I noticed a remarkable change in my outlook on life. I sat there truly admiring their talent and with no sad memories of what I used to be able to do but cannot anymore.
The initial years after my accident were consumed with an overwhelming sadness in learning how to love myself again and to say goodbye to the old me.
With my back surgery in 2008, I endured nerve damage that's become progressively worse and so over time, my Gastrocnemius muscles, calf muscles are deteriorating. I actually have dents in my calves now. You know if this had happened years ago, I would've been devastated. It is what it is.
I am just so thankful to be able to get around, slow but sure. There may come a time where a wheelchair might be my vehicle instead of my legs. It is what it is. I'm not being sarcastic at all. In fact, it took me years to arrive at a place of realization that I'll need things to help me keep up with life. It is what it is and I LOVE LIFE. You know... the night of my accident it was determined that I'd most likely not live until morning. I was 21 years old. As of last week, April 23rd, I am now 53 years old! Thank You LOrd ♥
Note: My neighbor gave us a beautiful treadmill. Guess that it was God's way of saying, "Pam build those calve muscles." Guess what I'm doing daily?

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteYou have an amazing story. Glad I found your site.
ReplyDeletewb
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteBless you Warren. Thank you for those uplifting and very timely words. He knows what we need even before we ask Him. Amazing ♥!
ReplyDelete