Saturday, February 6, 2010

FORGIVE YOURSELF AND MOVE ON

I've noticed a frequent occurrence taking place whenever I make plans to do something new to improve myself. It never fails that thoughts of past mistakes flood my mind, but it's just that, the past. They're just trying to slow myself down along with my confidence.

You know as well as I do that, there are always going to be memories of actions or words that should not have been said, but I can't allow them to own my future. Each day is a new day!

The Bible says that, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

There's just so much access to things that I need to accomplish! Many of them though, require sitting still making jewelry, or writing, or painting... that I'll work for awhile, get up and walk or hop on my exercycle for awhile....

Here's a post that I wrote a while ago, but held back posting until I could end it on a positive note:

This morning @ around 7am, I awoke & stood up reaching for my walker. Nowadays I keep one parked beside my bed so that I'll make sure to be safe... I began stepping when all of a sudden, my body twisted to the left and I completely lost my balance. Yep, fell over... walker and all.
Due to the brain injury I received 30 years ago my left arm didn't reach out to cushion the fall. Ouch but... I picked myself up and went on with my day.
LATER:
I just spent hours on this computer, only to walk away not feeling accomplished. What did I feed my consciousness with?
Sure I'd had some great conversation with different friends, but will that carry me through tomorrow? Did I gain any knowledge?
Is my body any stronger for it? OK, solution time is here:
I am going to plan my days, not just a day at a time, but a week. MOTIVATION! Plan 6 things to accomplish and if only 3 happen, it's OK!
In other words, I need to forgive myself and move on.
REMEMBER TO TAKE HEED TO ll CORINTHIANS 5:17

5 comments:

  1. Hey Pamela! I can totally relate. I don't even have a good reason to be that way. I just get so many things that I know I need to be doing and I know I would feel much better about myself and everything around me if I would "JUST ACCOMPLISH SHOMETHING!", but alas I accomplish nothing because I'm too busy flittering from one thing to another because my mind WILL NOT stay focused on any certain thing for more than a minute or two. I get so aggravated, I just plop down in my chair and don't do anything. I know that's is not a good possitive attitude, but sometimes it just helps to vent, ya know? I know what it says in the Bible, I just need to put it into practice.

    Love & Prayers,

    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean PJ. Thank God that He's sooo patient w/us. Thank YOU for the following. Hey my initials are PJ! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, Two P.J.'s and I know of a third. What's this world coming to. LOL.
    I just stopped by to say Hi, Pammy:-)
    And there, you did it again. I needed your spark and fire today and I am so glad I found your site, because it is always there.
    Luv ya, Sista,
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, learning to have patience with ourselves is tough. I think that it's something that requires constant remembrance. Great post, Pam, and I can really relate to spending too much time on the computer, putting off more productive things and instead just killing time. I'm glad I came across your blog today. I needed to be reminded.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much gals. Isn't this great? I mean the access that we have w/each other. I'm so happy to meet all of you. PJ, Pammy, Pamela, Pam.... ♥

    ReplyDelete