At the end of my day, I recall the events that took place and wonder if I did what I needed to accomplish. Last night while I was lying in bed thanking God for another day, I realized just how much peace I feel in my present circumstances. I mean, this was a MAJOR realization.
I realized how happy I am now with things as they are. They're NOWHERE EVEN CLOSE to what I'd prayed for during the initial years after my accident. I hated myself and what I'd become as a result of my accident.
My prayer was to be a normal person again. To be married was my picture of a perfect life. As I look back on the choices for marriage, my life would've been so unhappy. When God says no, it's ONLY because He has something so much better. If God takes time in answering your wants, my interpretation is it's because He's teaching you something. I've found myself, closing my eyes and saying, "OK Lord, what are You showing me now?" It's our finite minds that are dealing with the Infinite God. He knows the end from the beginning.

I Thank God that I look to Him for all my answers. When I am weak He is strong. When I am impatient I try always to ask Him for guidance and yes I do believe everything comes in His perfect time. I don't ask why becasue I know there are so many people suffering and our circumstances can be changed.I remind myself I am Hopeful, happy, thankfful and blessed,
ReplyDeleteOk, here I am, and thanks for the invite to follow your blog...I'm delighted. You are one courageous woman, and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy reading your entries.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you for sharing so openly.
Thank you Sandra... What a blessing...
ReplyDelete