Today was a day when I made a pact with myself. I've decided to go out of my way to push myself, so I climbed on my exercycle with NO intention of getting down until I watched the entire Oprah episode.
What a choice of shows today. I held onto my purpose of riding throughout the entire show, but on the verge of tears while listening to stories throughout the show.
This was about people who texted on their phones while driving. What could be so important that a person has to endanger lives?
PULL OVER AND READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was just heartbreaking.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Pamela,
ReplyDeleteI could not even watch it today. I had seen the previews of people who didn't think much of what they were doing. Then I heard about two people killed due to one person's negligence and saw the face of one woman's beautiful daughter who was killed.
Texting and driving is ridiculous. Talking on cell phones while driving is bad enough. You lose whole segments of time while the mind is in another place. Not RIGHT. I beg my husband not to talk on the phone while driving. We argued about it. He doesn't take me seriously.
Maybe he should have seen the show...
Pamela,
ReplyDeleteYour story is one of great courage. I enjoyed watching your 'intro to Oprah video'. I loved your little giggle, smile and spunk.
Thank you for following my blog. I have returned the favor. I will love to read your book, along with Lori's. They are both great stories of inspiration.