Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'M SOLD ON THIS ADVICE



AFTER RECEIVING MANY, MANY POSITIVE REVIEWS OF MY BOOK, HOW I BECAME A FEARLESS WOMAN, IT ARRIVED... THAT VERY CONSTRUCTIVE BUT NEGATIVE REVIEW. I AM SURE THAT IF I DECIDED TAKE THE ADVICE, WHICH WAS RIGHT ON, THAT MY BOOK WOULD THRIVE.
I WANTED TO SHARE MY STORY WITH PEOPLE AND BELIEVE ME THIS WAS QUITE AN ACCOMPLISHMENT FOR THE BLONDE WHO RAISES CANE. BELOW IS A REVIEW THAT I RECEIVED JUST THIS MORNING AND IT PUT ME AT SO MUCH PEACE BECAUSE...EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT USING THIS AS AN EXCUSE, IT'S REALITY, THAT I WASN'T EXPECTED TO SURVIVE, WOKE UP 5 WEEKS LATER AND IN 25 YEARS BEGAN WRITING A BOOK. (A LOT HAPPENED IN BETWEEN BUT YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO READ THE BOOK!)

"There were a few mechanical things that could be tweaked, but the message and the story are both strong, and I think most readers would gloss right over any typos. If you're considering resubmitting the book to a major house, you might wanna clean it up. Otherwise, I think maybe you could use the errors as part of your promotional package. It isn't every day someone comes back from the dead AND overcomes severe brain trauma; a few boo-boos are to be expected...and celebrated, considering all you've survived!"

3 comments:

  1. Does this mean you are accepting your book for what it is? A beautiful story written with wit and humor by a woman who survived over thirty years after major head trauma injury to become an author, motivational speaker, inspirational light to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, right on! An amazing woman with a story to tell.

    Congrats to you, Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I just read your profile and I've gotta' tell you, you are definitely one of Heavenly Father's miracles. I congratulate you on all you have overcome and I'm honored that you are following on one of my blogs.

    I do hope you will take a trip to the blog where I have decided to do all of my posting so we can get to know each other better.

    You are most certainly in my prayers and I'll be watching your success. I know you will reach your goals. You've already come so far, how could your goals possibly escape your grasp? Keep fighting; you're doing a great job.

    Yaya
    Yaya's Changing World

    ReplyDelete