After my accident, it was so difficult for me to endure the stares of curious people. Most didn't mean any harm to my well being, but there were those ones that looked at me with somewhat of an eeeww expression. Oh well, there are just hurdles that a person has to overcome while reaching their goal.
Yesterday I was at the local cafe and while I was waiting for my order, the waitresses were joking around. I joined in and let out a crack up kind of laugh. I must've startled this woman at the table across from me, because she quickly turned in my direction.
On my way out I stopped to apologize as I was smiling at her. She looked at me w/no expression, then looked away. (am I not worthy of an acknowledgement?) That is how I'd surmise the situation if it happened years ago. The renewal was just that. God was showing me a reminder of just how far that He has allowed me to grow.
I shook my head and walked away. Now the head shake or any outward reaction did NOT need to be, what can I say but, HE's still workin on me. I'm learning day by day, oh dear Lord, 3 things I pray...................

No comments:
Post a Comment