Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'M THANKFUL EVEN WHEN IT'S NOT PERFECT

It has been so cold around here. Last week at one point it was 10 Degrees and another morning even 8 Degrees. Well of course our pilot light under the furnace went out and so, no heat. We're relying on fireplaces and electric heaters, none of which are in the kitchen.
At dinner while I was eating some DiGiourno pizza and no, IT'S NOT DELIVERY, I began to think of how the poor homeless people are enduring the cold. They don't even have a heater or fireplace to warm even their fingers.
There are times when I'll stop and think of just how fortunate I've been to have always had a place to lay my head to sleep in warmth, then awake to a meal. It almost brings tears to my eyes when I think of how I took it all for granted.
Now that I'm... umm, older and have been brought through so much, I'm thankful for soo much. I remember the first morning after my accident when I woke up and was able to climb into my wheelchair and travel to the bathroom. I was in Heaven, not having to wait for a bedpan. Be thankful for the small things and He will give you the desires of your heart. I love You Lord...
PLEASE REMEMBER TO PRAY FOR PEOPLE SUCH AS THE HOMELESS AND ANOTHER THING IS WITH THE SEASON. PLEASE PRAY FOR ANY UNHAPPINESS THAT IS WEIGHING A PERSON DOWN.

1 comment:

  1. Hello again to you,
    I have started a community called http://coffeeshot.ning.com I would love for you to stop by and join us for a cup of coffee. :)

    Lori

    ReplyDelete