
I am amazed at how time seems to fly by so quickly now that I'm older. Back in grammar school... and I know that everyone can
relate to this... I'd sit at my desk watching that clock, knowing that when it FINALLY struck 10:00... RECESS!!!!!! Then 12:00... LUNCH!!!
Nowadays it feels as if I need to utilize EVERY moment so that, at the end of the day I can say to myself, well done. I long for the
day when I hear those words from my Heavenly Father but for now, I'm making the most out of this life He has given me.
My sister and bro-in-law and his mother are visiting us from Hawaii. His mom is such a doll who has been laden with
Dementia. She is so sweet, although, has difficulty w/being left alone. It's so cute... when I stand up, she looks at me,
"Where you going?", "I'm going to the upstairs." "Be right back?", "Yes". I hurry upstairs and then hurry back to receive the
biggest smile. After breakfast I stand up. "Where you going?" "Upstairs but on the way, I'll set you up with the TV."
"Come right back?" "Yes" (actually this trip took a bit longer *snork*) I came downstairs to the biggest smile.
Even though I was never laden w/such, I can feel for her and I don't mind the "Come right back?s. I am just so blessed to have
been brought back this far since my accident. I do remember enduring the level of inadequacy, where I had to have everything
done for me... but it tapered off over the years and now I am 99%(?) self sufficient. I am sooo thankful.
This is one of the scriptures that was given to me in the midst of my endurance, "Blessed be the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, so that we may be able to help others who are in any trouble, with THE COMFORT WITH WHICH WE OURSELVES HAVE RECEIVED FROM GOD."

I love this page! I will feature this on my radio page soon!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
HUGS-
Sophia-
The Gypsy Poet... :)
Pamela,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the cute story. I too value the sweet little looks and sometimes words of affection that my Mom, 5 years into Alzheimer's manages to still somehow share with me.
You've encouraged me to drop what I am doing right now and run out to see her in the nursing home! I've got a hug I've got to give her!
Thanks!
Pamela